• Coffee Chats, 7:30 to 8 a.m. Tuesday, Norske Nook, 13804 W. Seventh St., Osseo. The event, hosted by Dove Healthcare-Osseo on the first Tuesday of the month, includes free coffee and pie with blood pressure checks. Representatives from the health care facility will present a new topic each month and be available for questions. Free. Reservations aren’t required. Information: Bryce, 715-597-2493.
• “Question, Persuade, Refer,” or QPR, 5 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Korger Chestnut Building, 140 W. Elm St., Chippewa Falls. Those attending the free session can learn how to recognize the warning signs that someone might be thinking about suicide and how to help them. Registration: 715-717-7479 or Laura.Baalrud@hshs.org.
• Car seat check, 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 7, Chippewa Valley Technical College, 3623 Campus Road. Car seats are checked for proper size and installation, as well as possible recalls. The child and vehicle must be present, but expectant parents are welcome to attend. Attendees should allow 30 minutes per car seat. Information: 715-838-3180.
• Barron County: Noon to 6 p.m. Friday, Bethany Lutheran Church, 35 W. Messenger St., Rice Lake; 1 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Prairie Farm High School, 630 River Ave. S.; and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 7, Barron Electric Cooperative, 1434 Highway 25.
• Chippewa County: Noon to 6 p.m. Monday, Moose Lodge No. 246, 8118 149th St., Chippewa Falls.
• Dunn County: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, UW-Stout, 302 10th Ave. E., Menomonie; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 6, Colfax High School, 601 University Ave.; and noon to 5 p.m. Monday, Dec. 11, Mayo Clinic Health System-Red Cedar in Menomonie, 2321 Stout Road.
• Eau Claire County: Noon to 6 p.m. Tuesday, Lake Street United Methodist Church, 337 Lake St.; 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, Dec. 8, HSHS Sacred Heart Hospital, 900 W. Clairemont Ave.; and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, Dec. 15, Marshfield Clinic, 2116 Craig Road.
• Rusk County: Noon to 6 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 14, St. John’s Lutheran Church, 515 College Ave. W., Ladysmith.
• St. Croix County: Noon to 6 p.m. Friday, Bethel Lutheran Church, 920 Third St., 1 to 7 p.m. Monday, St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 1500 Vine St., 2 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 7, Denny’s 1000 Gateway Blvd., all in Hudson; 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 7, Faith Community, 1040 Paperjack Drive, and noon to 6 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 7, Culver’s, 124 Grant Way, both in New Richmond; noon to 6 p.m. Monday, Dec. 11, Red Cedar Canyon Assisted Living, 3001 Hanley Road, 12:30 to 5:30 p.m. Monday, Dec. 11, Family Fresh Market, 2351 Coulee Road, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 12, Citizens State Bank, 375 Stageline Road, all in Hudson; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 12, Western Wisconsin Health, 1100 Bergslien St., Baldwin; noon to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 13, Trinity Lutheran Church, 1250 Broadway St., Hammond; and noon to 6 p.m. Friday, Dec. 15, Mt. Zion Lutheran Church, 505 13th St. S., Hudson.
• Trempealeau County: 1 to 7 p.m. Monday, Dec. 11, Blair Lutheran Church, 126 S. Peterson Ave.
Go to redcrossblood.org or call 800-733-2767 to obtain more information or schedule an appointment to donate.
From staff reports