• Blood pressure screenings, weekdays during clinic hours, Mayo Clinic Health-System-Chippewa Valley sites in Bloomer, 1501 Thompson St., and Chippewa Falls, 611 First Ave. Appointments: 715-568-2000, Bloomer; and 715-720-4400, Chippewa Falls.
• Blood pressure screenings, weekdays during clinic hours, Mayo Clinic Health System-Northland sites in Barron, 1222 E. Woodland Ave.; Cameron, 2049 15th Ave.; Chetek, 220 Douglas St.; and Rice Lake, 331 S. Main St., Suite H. Appointments for all sites: 715-537-6747.
• Blood pressure screening, weekdays during clinic hours, Mayo Clinic Health System-Oakridge in Mondovi, 700 Buffalo St., and Osseo, 13025 Eighth St. Appointments for both sites: 866-544-6155.
• Blood pressure screenings, weekdays during clinic hours, Mayo Clinic Health System-Red Cedar sites in Elmwood, 236 E. Springer Ave.; Glenwood City, 219 E. Oak St.; and Menomonie, 2321 Stout Road. Appointments: 715-639-4151, Elmwood; 715-265-7321, Glenwood City; and 715-233-7777, Menomonie.
• “ABC’s and D’s of Medicare,” 11 a.m. Monday, L.E. Phillips Senior Center, 1616 Bellinger St. The one-hour educational seminar is for people turning 65 soon or having questions on what is included in Medicare and the options one would have. Information: Jeff Sauter, 715-577-2641.
• Mental Health First Aid, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, HSHS St. Joseph’s Hospital, McDonald Hall, 2661 Highway I, Chippewa Falls. The free event, hosted by 3D Community Health: Body.Mind.Spirit., is open to anyone who would like to learn the common risk factors and warning signs of specific types of illnesses such as anxiety, depression, substance use disorder, bipolar disorder, eating disorders and schizophrenia and how to provide initial help. Lunch will be provided. Registration: 715-717-7479 or Laura.Baalrud@hshs.org.
• Barron County: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 16, Link Ford Lincoln RV, 2700 Decker Drive, Rice Lake.
Go to redcrossblood.org or call 800-733-2767 to schedule an appointment to donate or obtain more information.
From staff reports