SPECIAL EVENTS weekdays during clinic hours, Mayo Clinic Health-System-Chippewa Valley sites in Bloomer, 1501 Thompson St., and Chippewa Falls, 611 First Ave. Appointments: 715-568-2000, Bloomer; and 715-720-4400, Chippewa Falls. Blood pressure screenings,•
• Blood pressure screenings, weekdays during clinic hours, Mayo Clinic Health System-Northland sites in Barron, 1222 E. Woodland Ave.; Chetek, 220 Douglas St.; and Rice Lake, 331 S. Main St., Suite H. Appointments for all sites: 715-537-6747.
• Blood pressure screening, weekdays during clinic hours, Mayo Clinic Health System-Oakridge in Mondovi, 700 Buffalo St., and Osseo, 13025 Eighth St. Appointments for both sites: 866-544-6144.
• Blood pressure screenings, weekdays during clinic hours, Mayo Clinic Health System-Red Cedar sites in Elmwood, 236 E. Springer Ave.; Glenwood City, 219 E. Oak St.; and Menomonie, 2321 Stout Road. Appointments: 715-639-4151, Elmwood; 715-265-7321, Glenwood City; and 715-233-7777, Menomonie.
• “ABC’s and D’s of Medicare,” 11 a.m. Monday, L.E. Phillips Senior Center, 1616 Bellinger St. The one-hour educational seminar is for people turning 65 soon or having questions on what is included in Medicare and the options one would have. Information: Jeff Sauter, 715-577-2641.
• “Medicare and You,” 1 p.m. Friday, March 16, Eau Claire County Courthouse, Room 1277, 721 Oxford Ave. The free seminar is open to anyone new to Medicare, currently on Medicare, caregivers and families. Registration: adrcevents.org, 715-839-4735, 888-338-4636.
• “Healthy Living With Diabetes,” 1 to 3:30 p.m. Mondays, March 19 to April 30, Mayo Clinic Health System-Red Cedar in Menomonie, Education Center, 2321 Stout Road, or 4 to 6:30 p.m. Mondays, March 26 to May 7, L.E. Phillips Memorial Public Library, Chippewa Room, 400 Eau Claire St. The seven-week workshop is for people 18 and older who have diabetes or pre-diabetes or live with someone who has diabetes. Participants can learn about self-management to maintain an active and fulfilling life. Registration for the Menomonie class: 866-375-7464 or tinyurl.com/yamkc62n by Monday. Registration for the Eau Claire class: 888-338-4636 or tinyurl.com/yamkc62n by Monday, March 19.
• Barron County: 12:30 to 6:30 p.m. Monday, Barron High School, 1050 E. Woodland Ave.; and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, March 15, Chetek-Weyerhaeuser High School/Middle School, 1001 Knapp St., Chetek.
• Buffalo County: 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 14, Cochrane-Fountain City High School, S2770 Highway 35, Fountain City.
• Chippewa County: Noon to 6 p.m. Monday, St. John’s Lutheran Church, 215 E. Seminary St., Cadott.
• Eau Claire County: Noon to 6 p.m. Thursday, March 15, American Legion Post 550, W9150 Beaver Creek Road, Fall Creek.
• Pierce County: 1 to 7 p.m. Monday, American Legion Post 365, 132 Pine Ave. E., Plum City; and 1 to 7 p.m. Thursday, March 15, American Legion Post 121, 701 N. Main St., River Falls.
• Rusk County: Noon to 6 p.m. Tuesday, St. John’s Lutheran Church, 515 College Ave. W., Ladysmith.
• St. Croix County: 12:30 to 6:30 p.m. Monday, American Legion Post 111, 464 Highway VV, Somerset; and noon to 6 p.m. Thursday, March 15, Anytime Fitness, 144 W. Third St., New Richmond.
Go to redcrossblood.org or call 800-733-2767 to make an appointment to donate or obtain more information.