SPORTS PHYSICALS: Mayo Clinic Health System is offering Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association sports physicals and immunization clinics to student athletes in northwest Wisconsin who are entering grades seven through 12.
Exams are required by the WIAA for participation in extracurricular sports activities.
Physicals cost $35 during these clinics only; cash payment is required on the day of service.
All students, whether coming in for a sports physical or not, are invited to update their chickenpox, HPV, meningococcal and Tdap vaccinations at the same time for an additional fee.
Call for an appointment at the following locations:
• Elmwood, 236 E. Springer Ave.: 8 a.m. to noon, Thursday, July 26, 715-639-4151.
• Glenwood City, 219 Oak St.: 8 a.m. to noon Friday, July 27, 715-265-7321.
• Menomonie, 2321 Stout Road: 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesday, July 24, and 9 a.m. to noon, Wednesday, July 25, 715-233-7777.
Walk-in only are available from 1 to 4 p.m. at these locations:
• Barron, 1222 E. Woodland Ave.: Wednesday, July 25.
• Bloomer, 1501 Thompson St.: Tuesday, July 31.
• Chetek, 220 Douglas St.: Tuesday, July 24.
• Chippewa Falls, 611 First Ave.: Monday, July 23.
• Rice Lake, 331 S. Main St.: Thursday, July 26.
Athletes are asked to bring a completed WIAA card, available from their high school office. A parent or guardian must accompany each student younger than 18.
If athletes are unable to attend one of these dates or if their insurance requires a different type of exam, they can schedule an appointment on another date at the regular physical exam rate.
• • •
BRAVE LIKE BRODY: Several events are planned for Sunday, July 29, to help the family of Brody Braden with medical expenses.
Six-year-old Brody has been diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia, and since February, he has been receiving intensive chemotherapy treatments. He will continue treatments for a minimum of four years.
The fundraiser — Brave Like Brody — includes the following:
• 10 a.m.: Golf tournament at Entwood Golf Course in Holcombe. The cost is $40; the fee doesn’t include cart.
• 11 a.m.: 5K run/walk at Holcombe Methodist Church. The cost is $25 for participants 18 and older; $20, ages 13 to 17; and free, 12 and younger.
• 1 to 5 p.m.: Benefit at the Big Minnow in Holcombe. The event includes door prizes, food, gift baskets, raffles and a silent auction. The cost for food is $5 and beer, available from 1 to 4 p.m., is $10.
Go to tinyurl.com/y96a69wb to register for the golf tournament and run/walk.
From staff reports