• “Food for the Mind,” a Facebook Live event, noon Thursday, Sept. 6. Join a registered dietitian live on Facebook at tinyurl.com/y9yznv6j and learn how food can fuel the mind and eating can be a life-enriching experience.
• “Medicare and You,” 1 p.m. Friday, Sept. 7, Eau Claire County Courthouse, Room 1277, 721 Oxford Ave. The free seminar is open to anyone on Medicare, new to Medicare, caregivers and families. Registration: adrcevents.org, 715-839-4735 or 888-338-4636.
• Barron Fall Fest kids’ activities, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 8, Barron County Government Center, 335 E. Monroe Ave., Barron.
• “Powerful Tools for Caregivers: Parents of Special Needs Children,” 1 to 3 p.m. Thursdays, Sept. 13 to Oct. 18, Community Services Building, Room, 3001 U.S. Highway 12/29 E. The free program is designed to teach parents strategies for taking better care of themselves while caring for a child with special health or behavior needs. Registration: 715-232-4006.
• Barron County: Noon to 6 p.m. Tuesday, Barron Area Community Center, 800 Memorial Drive; and noon to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 5, Parkview United Methodist Church, 234 N. Maple St., Turtle Lake.
• Eau Claire County: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday, The Florian Gardens, 2340 Lorch Ave.
• Pepin County: Noon to 6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 6, Pepin Sportsman’s Club, N10076 Sandridge Road.
• St. Croix County: 12:30 to 6:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 7, YMCA, 2211 Vine St., Hudson.
• Trempealeau County: 1 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 6, Osseo Evangelical Lutheran Church, 50351 Harmony St.
Go to redcrossblood.org or call 800-733-2767 to schedule an appointment to donate or obtain more information.