LENTEN CONCERTS: Grace Lutheran Church, 202 W. Grand Ave. will present concerts from 12:15 to 12:45 p.m. on the Wednesdays of Lent from 12:15 to 12:45 p.m.
Here are the scheduled seasoned performers:
• Wednesday: Elaine Mann is organist at Grace Lutheran Church and dean of the Chippewa Valley Chapter of the American Guild of Organists.
• Wednesday, Feb. 28: Julie DeBoer, mezzo-soprano, and Diana Cataldi, soprano will present a Lenten concert of vocal solos and duets. DeBoer, who joined the voice faculty at UW-Eau Claire in 2015, is the choir director at Grace Lutheran. In 2016, Cataldi joined the faculty as an instructional academic staff at UW-Eau Claire, teaching voice.
• Wednesday, March 7: Mann will play.
• Wednesday, March 14: Donald Patterson, pianist, will play. He is a retired professor emeritus of piano, harpsichord and organ, and formerly coordinator of the keyboard division at UW-Eau Claire.
• Wednesday, March 21: Mann will end the series with a 333rd birthday tribute to J. S. Bach.
All concerts are free.
• • •
SOUND OF SOUL: Eckankar, the path of spiritual freedom, invites the public to experience Sound of Soul from 7 to 9 p.m. Monday, Feb. 26, in the Chippewa Room at the L.E. Phillips Memorial Public Library, 400 Eau Claire St.
Organizers invite the public to discover their inner guidance, healing for the body, mind and spirit, and a higher form of creativity by chanting the sacred sound of HU.
HU, a sacred name for God, can uplift people of any religion, culture or walk of life.
A spiritual discussion and light refreshments will follow.
• • •
MARRIAGE ENCOUNTER: A two-day National Marriage Encounter Weekend is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, March 10 and 11, at Americas Best Value Inn, 809 W. Clairemont Ave. The program will be presented by local couples from Chippewa Valley Marriage Encounter.
Marriage Encounter is designed for couples of all ages and denominations who are interested in having a closer relationship in their marriage. Those attending can renew the bonds of mutual understanding and love brought about by better communication in their marriage.
The weekend will begin with 7:30 a.m. registration on Saturday, March 10, and close by 3:45 p.m. Sunday, March 11.
For more information regarding the upcoming weekend, write Chippewa Valley Marriage Encounter, 127 E. MacArthur Ave., Eau Claire, WI 54701; phone, 715-832-3296; email, email@example.com; or go to marriage-encounter.org/Affiliates/chippewa.htm.
From staff reports