BLACK RIVER FALLS — Two renters were displaced after a fire broke out in a town of Adams single-family home on Monday.
One of the home’s renters traveled to Black River Falls Holiday Gas Station to call 911 and report the fire to the Jackson County Emergency Dispatch Center, which paged the Black River Falls Fire Department at about 8:30 p.m.
Smoke was showing from the eves and attic area when firefighters arrived on scene at N7624 Highway E. Twelve firefighters spent about 1½ hours on scene and used 197 gallons of water to put the fire out. An additional 18 firefighters responded from the Hatfield, Merrillan and Hixton fire departments after mutual aid was requested.
Also assisting was Jackson Electric Co-op, which cut power to the property.
The fire was found in a 2nd-floor room and was knocked out quickly.
A damage estimate wasn’t available, but the property is insured by the owner and renters Rex Elsner and Stephanie Olson.
The property is owned by Patrick and Judith Brauner.
The American Red Cross was contacted to assist the family.
No civilian or firefighters injuries were reported.