GOLDEN RULE: Several McDonell High School and Chippewa Falls High School students were selected as “Golden Rule Students” by the Chippewa Falls Kiwanis Club.
In honor of their recognition, the Kiwanis Club donated $50 to the charities of the students’ choice.
• Megan Baier, McDonell High School, daughter of Randy and Debbie Baier, selected the Salvation Army.
• Hazel Behling, Chippewa Falls High School, daughter of Jonathan Behling and Sandra Frohling, chose Doctors Without Borders.
• John Francis, McDonell High School, son of John and Laurie Francis, selected St. Francesca Resource Center.
• Olivia Burmeister, Chippewa Falls High School, daughter of Adam and Beth Burmeister, chose Sojourner House.
• Olivia Kressin, McDonell High School, daughter of Matthew and Michele Kressin, chose St. Jude’s Research Hospital.
• Chloe Exner, Chippewa Falls High School, daughter of Steve and Wendy Exner, chose Moses’ Basket.
Throughout the year, the Chippewa Falls Kiwanis Club chooses seniors from Chippewa Falls and McDonell high schools, nominated by their respective schools’ teachers and staff, using specific criteria including:
• Respect for all nationalities, race, ages and gender.
• Would be willing to stand up for the rights of others.
• Active in doing community service.
• Being goal-oriented.
• Taking responsibility for one’s own actions.
The Kiwanis Club meets at noon Wednesdays at Avalon Hotel and Conference Center, 1009 W. Park Ave., Chippewa Falls. For more information about the club, visit chippewafallskiwanis.org.
• • •
SCHOLARSHIPS: Scholarships valued at more than $790,000 were awarded to 388 UW-Stout students this year through the Stout University Foundation.
Following are some of the area recipients, their majors and the names of their scholarships:
• Takoya Weber, food and nutritional sciences, Sue U. Stephenson Endowed Graduate Scholarship.
• Allison Wegner, apparel design and development, Todd and Amy Rogers Scholarship and the John Carter Family Memorial Scholarship.
• Colton Lunemann, applied mathematics and computer science, Eino Maki Endowed Scholarship and Chippewa Valley Extra Effort Scholarship.
• Perla Martinez-Beltran, hotel, restaurant and tourism management, Philip H. McGuirk Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management Scholarship and Peter A. D’Souza Food and Wine Pairing Travel Scholarship.
• Jesse Halling, plastics engineering, Charllotte V. Nehring Janeczko and Dr. Robert J. Janeczko Endowed Scholarship.
• Lucy Ramquist, food and nutritional sciences, Mae E. Lampert Scholarship.
• Cecily Ripley, apparel design and development, E. Robert Rudiger and Anna Liska Rudiger Endowed Scholarship.
• Trever Koester, applied science, Stout Scholars Award and Applied Science Excellence Scholarship.
• Samantha Martell, marketing and business education, Gary and Maxine Searle Family Endowed Scholarship and Goodman Family Endowed Scholarship.
• Deslyn Hart, mechanical engineering, Rath Foundation Academic Scholarship.
• Ryan Knudtson, packaging, George F. Kress Packaging Scholarship.
• Alex Sromek, manufacturing engineering, Fulton and Edna Holtby Endowed Scholarship.
• Kyle Sromek, industrial design, Wisconsin License Plate Scholarship and John Carter Family Memorial Scholarship.