Saturday, February 24, 2018

Local Briefs

Propane flash burns 2 at elementary school

  • 1280x960-70309B00-CSTUC-jpg-4

ETTRICK — Two people were burned from a propane flash Monday at Ettrick Elementary School, the Trempealeau County sheriff’s office reported.

According to a news release:

The Trempealeau County Dispatch Center received a call about two people being burned at 10:38 a.m. Monday at the elementary school.

Officers determined that a propane system outside of the school was being assessed for scheduled maintenance.

During the assessment, a flash over occurred from an unknown source or leak.

Dale Anderson, 62, of Ettrick and Chad Longmair, 48, of Linwood, Minn., were transported to a La Crosse hospital.

Ettrick Fire Department and First Responders, Tri-State Ambulance and Medlink also responded to the incident, which is still under investigation by the sheriff’s office.


Click to comment

Related

© 2018 Leader-Telegram, Eau Claire, WI. All rights reserved.

To Top
Applying filter…