Mitch Adrian scored 14 points, but fourth-seeded Altoona fell just short, losing to top-seeded Wisconsin Dells 60-57 on Saturday night in a WIAA Division 3 boys basketball regional final in Wisconsin Dells.
Jacob Chilson scored 12 points, while Dallas Ystebo had 10 points.
Tanner Brandt scored 26 points and Alex Weiss added 23 for Wisconsin Dells.
(3) Ellsworth 63,(2) Bloomer 42: Logan Benson scored 19 points to lead three players in double figures for the Panthers, who eliminated the short-handed Blackhawks. Drake Flom added 14 points, while Alex Motley scored 13.
Bradley Sarauer had 19 points and nine rebounds to lead Bloomer.
(1) La Crosse Central 70, (5) River Falls 52: Johnny Davis scored 27 points and Noah Parcher added 18 as the Red Raiders rolled at home.
Jaxon Knotek scored 19 points to lead the Wildcats.
(2) Onalaska 51,(3) Rice Lake 49: The Hilltoppers denied the Warriors a regional title.
(1) Clear Lake 50, (4) Cameron 45: The unbeaten Warriors knocked off the defending sectional champions to win a regional title.
(4) Melrose-Mindoro 73, (1) Osseo-Fairchild 66: Drew Blaken scored 18 points and the Large Dairyland champion Mustangs went on the road to topple the top-seeded and Western Cloverbelt champion Thunder. Andrew Scafe added 16 points, and Andrew Antony had 14 points.
Logan Mulhern scored 20 points to lead Osseo-Fairchild, while Keelan Chumas had 15 points.
(3) McDonell 64, (2) Owen-Withee 63: Cory Hoglund scored 20 points, including the go-ahead basket, and the Macks won a regional title on the road.
McDonell will face top-seeded Rib Lake in the sectional semifinals at 7 p.m. Thursday in Chetek.
Eion Kressin scored 12 points for the Macks, while Hayden Baughman finished with 11.
WIAA Individual State Meet: River Falls senior Samantha Krueger capped her career with a huge day, winning Division 2 state titles in the all-around, balance beam, floor exercise and vault. The floor exercise title was the third of her career, while the vault title was her second.
Menomonie senior Grace Braatz was fifth in the all-around, second on the uneven bars, third on the balance beam and sixth on the vault.
In Division 1, Chippewa Falls sophomore Chloe Wingert finished 17th in the all-around, while senior teammate Izzy Spooner was 21st. Chippewa Falls junior Addy Bengtson was 17th in the floor exercise. Eau Claire Memorial/North senior Myriah Rau was 24th on the beam. Hudson freshman Paige Hillman was 10th in the all-around.