James Schmidt is expected on Friday to officially be named UW-Eau Claire's chancellor. The current vice president for university advancement at Winona State University in Minnesota would begin his new job in July. Schmidt stands earlier this month on the campus he will soon leave after 15 years there.
- James C. Schmidt
- Vice president for university advancement, Winona (Minn.) State University, 1998-present.
- Executive director, Winona State University Foundation board of trustees, 1998-present.
- Vice president for student affairs, Riverland Community College, Austin, Albert Lea and Owatonna, Minn., 1996-98.
- Dean of students, Austin (Minn.) Community College, 1995-96.
- Director of financial aid, Minnesota Riverland Technical College, Austin, Rochester, Faribault and Owatonna, Minn., 1991-95.
- Director of financial aid, Austin (Minn.) Technical College, 1987-91.
- Congressional aide, U.S. Rep. Tim Penny, D-Minn., 1986.
- Co-founder, associate director and national chairman, National Student Roundtable, Washington, D.C., 1985-87.
- State chairman, Minnesota State University Student Association, 1985-86.
Other prior experience
- Member, Austin (Minn.) City Council and various Austin city committees.
- Member, Minnesota Higher Education Coordinating Board.
- Vice chairman, Minnesota State Legislative Task Force on Financial Aid.
- President, Minnesota Association of Financial Aid Administrators.
- Senior fellow, Kellogg Foundation Leadership Program.
- Doctor of Education, University of Minnesota, 2001.
- Master of Business Administration, University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, 1993.
- Bachelor of Arts, political science, Winona State University, 1986.
- Wife, Kim; stepson, Hunter, 19; sons, Andrew, 11, Ben, 8.
Source: James Schmidt résumé
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 12:30 am
Updated: 12:40 am, Sat Mar 30, 2013.
WINONA, Minn. — He refers to himself as Jim Schmidt, not Dr. James Schmidt.
That says a lot about the man expected to become UW-Eau Claire's next chancellor.
Or, use your
Saturday, March 30, 2013 12:30 am.
Updated: 12:40 am.