Area offices appear on yearly list of state’s top earners
Several companies with headquarters or offices in west-central Wisconsin made a list of the top 75 earning private companies based in the state.
Worldwide financial services provider Deloitte recently released its Wisconsin 75 list, which ranks companies with their headquarters in Wisconsin that submitted their financial data showing more than $50 million in annual sales revenue.
Highlights for our region include:
• Ashley Furniture Industries of Arcaida landed at No. 7 on Deloitte’s list.
• Wisconsin’s largest building contractor, Neenah-based Miron Construction, which has a regional office in Eau Claire, was ranked at No. 25.
• Durand-based tire and motor vehicle service company Bauer Built got the No. 58 spot.
• La Crosse-based River States Truck and Trailer, which has locations in Eau Claire, Roberts and Hudson, landed at No. 60.
Companies that made the list were honored Wednesday at an awards breakfast in Milwaukee.
UW-Stout invites employers to campus to meet students
MENOMONIE — UW-Stout is inviting six employers to campus this semester to meet with students to talk about career opportunities.
The university’s Employer in Residence program began on Tuesday with representatives from Lutheran Social Services of Wisconsin and Upper Michigan meeting with students in the campus’ administration building.
“Students need employment and we need employees,” Jill Chaffee, LSS’ vice president of adult services, said in a UW-Stout news release. “I like having the conversation, to get a more in-depth understanding and to share a dialogue.”
Lutheran Social Services is among top employers of UW-Stout graduates and was among the first to reply to the invite to campus.
Other companies that will be visiting campus this fall are Menards, Greenheck, Phillips Medisize, Enterprise and nVent. The university intends to continue the program in spring with a slate of other employers.
• Eau Claire-based RCU named Melissa Wilson as its vice president of marketing and business development, making her responsible for branding and market strategy for the credit union. Wilson has 10 years of experience in marketing and management with her most recent experience as marketing and communications manager at Chippewa Valley Technical College.
• Matthew Schewe has been named business development coordinator for Eau Claire-based RCU with a focus on the credit union’s locations in the Twin Cities and St. Croix Valley markets. Schewe previously worked for City & County Credit Union in St. Paul and UW Credit Union in Madison.
From staff reports