Dane County Dairy Promotion Committee
• Up to ten $1,000 scholarships offered.
• High school seniors or college or post-secondary students who are planning or currently pursuing a degree in an agriculture or dairy-related field can apply. Previous winners are not eligible.
• Application deadline is April 17.
• Scholarship forms, which include application criteria, are available at danecountydairy.com/support/scholarships.
Manitowoc County Farm Progress Days Donald R. Peterson Scholarship
• $1,000 scholarship available.
• The scholarship will be awarded to an individual who has been accepted to a four-year degree program in an agriculture-related field at UW-River Falls, Madison, Platteville or Stevens Point.
• Application deadline is April 1.
• For further information, contact Scott Gunderson, Manitowoc County Extension Agriculture Agent at 683-4175 or email email@example.com. Electronic applications/guidelines are available at http://manitowoc.uwex.edu/agriculture/scholarships.
Manitowoc County University of Wisconsin Agriculture Alumni Association
• Several degree program scholarships available. Amounts, up to $1,000, are dependent on number of qualified applicants. Scholarships for UW-Madison Farm and Industry Short Course, up to $750, are also available.
• Scholarships are available to students from Manitowoc County enrolling in agriculture or life sciences majors at UW-Madison, Platteville, River Falls, Green Bay or Stevens Point. Students transferring from a non-agriculture program to an agriculture program at one of the named colleges may also apply. Preference will be given to first year applicants who meet qualifications, but second year students are also eligible.
• Deadline for application is April 1.
• Electronic applications/guidelines are available at http://manitowoc.uwex.edu/agriculture/scholarships. For further information, contact UW-Extension Manitowoc County at 683-4175 or email Scott Gunderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Croix County Farm Bureau
• Four $500 scholarships offered.
• Scholarships will be awarded to graduating high schools seniors who are enrolled in an accredited college, university or technical college. All majors are considered for the scholarship. Applicant or parents must be a current St. Croix Farm Bureau member.
• Application deadline is March 25.
Wisconsin FFA Foundation
• 2020 scholarships, sponsored by various companies, individuals and endowed funds are available.
• Applicants must be a senior in high school or enrolled in a university of technical school and have maintained a satisfactory scholastic record in school. FFA members need to only fill out one application to be considered for all scholarships for which the applicant qualifies. Additional criteria for all scholarships are available on the Wisconsin FFA website.
• Applications must be postmarked by March 22.
Wisconsin State Fair Dairy Promotion
• $1,000 scholarships offered.
• Scholarships are offered to students in their third or fourth year during the 2020-21 academic year. Any Wisconsin resident who is currently enrolled as a full-time student at a four-year Wisconsin school and is pursuing a dairy-related or food science degree is eligible for consideration. Previous winners are not eligible.
• Application deadline is March 20.
Wisconsin Dairy Products Association
• 2 scholarships worth $2,000 each offered.
• Graduating high school seniors and college freshman, sophomores, juniors and seniors can apply. No grad students are eligible. The student must attend or plan to attend a UW school. The student must be in the Food Science program, Dairy Science program or a dairy industry related program. The student must be in good academic standing.
• Application deadline is March 30.
• More information and the application are available at www.wdpa.net/scholarship.
Midwest Food Processors Association
• Up to six $1,000 scholarships offered.
• Scholarships offered to undergraduate students who are majoring in agriculture or food science and attending UW-Madison, UW-Platteville or UW-River Falls. The six scholarships are offered under two programs created by MWFPA in honor of leaders in the food processing industry.
• Application deadline is April 24.
• Call 608-255-9946 or visit www.mwfpa.org to obtain an application.
• Seven $1,000 scholarships are offered; two are designated to technical school or short-course students.
• Scholarships are available for two types of students. Applicants must be presently enrolled in a four-year college or a one- or two-year technical college or short-course program in an agricultural-related field. Applicants can also be a high-school senior admitted into one of the aforementioned programs. The applicant or their parent(s) must be a stockowner of CentralStar Cooperative. Read the application for additional details.
• Deadline is June 1.
• $1,000 scholarships offered.
• Students applying for scholarships must plan to attend or be attending a college, university or vocational school with a focus in agriculture or a related field.
• Applications accepted through March 31.
• For more information or to apply, visit starblends.com/scholarship.
National Dairy Promotion and Research Board
• Eleven scholarships worth $2,500 each will be awarded, in addition to a $3,500 James H. Loper Jr. Memorial Scholarship to one outstanding recipient.
• Undergraduate students in their sophomore through senior year for the 2020-21 academic school year and majoring in on of the following fields are eligible: communications/public relations, journalism, marketing, business, economics, nutrition, food science and agriculture education. Scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, an interest in a career in a dairy-related discipline and demonstrated leadership, initiative and integrity.
• Deadline to apply is May 22.
John Lyle Memorial Scholarship
•Open to high school graduates and continuing college students who live in Dane County and intend to pursue a career in agriculture or a related field, exhibit a strong sense of community volunteerism and service, maintain high grades and participate in 4-H or FFA.
•Scholarships are funded from the John Lyle Memorial Trust Fund; over the last decade, over $51,000 has been awarded. Interested applicants can visit the Dane County Extension website for more information and to access the application.
•Deadline is May 1 at 4:30 p.m.
•For questions, contact Dane County Extension at 608-224-3700 or email Extension@countyofdane.com.
Edge Dairy Farmer Cooperative scholarships
•Two $1,000 scholarships available for college students who are children of members of Edge Dairy Farmer Cooperative.
•Applicants must be high school seniors, high school graduates or college undergraduates enrolled or planning to enroll in a full-time course of study at an accredited four-year college or university or a two-year program at a technical, junior or community college. The area of study does not need to be in agriculture.
•The application with full guidelines is available at www.voiceofmilk.com.
•Applications must be postmarked by May 1.
•For more information, contact Nicole Barlass at (920) 883-0020 x104 or email@example.com.