The Country Today is maintaining a list of open student scholarships pertaining to rural life on our website.
If you would like your scholarship listed, click here to learn how.
Certified Angus Beef
• Applicants will be selected to receive their share of $50,000 from the CAB Colvin Scholarship. At least five sophomore, junior or senior undergraduates will be awarded a scholarship. Graduate-level scholarships are also available. First-place undergraduate and graduate scholarships are $7,500.
• Students pursuing a degree in meat science, animal science, economics, marketing, business, communications or other beef-related fields can apply. Graduate scholarships are available to those pursuing research on the advancement of high-quality beef production and increasing beef demand.
• Applications are open until Jan. 31.
• For additional details, visit www.certifiedangusbeef.com/recruiting and click on Colvin Scholarship links under "Open Positions."
Dairy Calf & Heifer Association
• $1,000 scholarship available.
• Applicants must have completed at least one year of post-high school education; be a member (or have a parent/legal guardian who is a member) of DCHA; be an enrolled student in good standing at an accredited college or university; and be enrolled in an agricultural field or in a course of study with relevance to agriculture (preference given to dairy calf/heifer-related fields).
• Applications must be received by Feb. 20.
• Visit calfandheifer.org/scholarship for more information and to apply.
• $1,500 scholarships offered.
• Program is open to students in the U.S. and Ontario, Canada, who are pursuing two- or four-year degrees or trade school certification in an agriculture-related field. High school seniors or students at any level of higher education may complete the application.
• Applications are due April 15.
• Application is available at www.growmark.com/about-us/corporate-commitments.
Wisconsin 4-H Foundation
• More than $15,000 in scholarships to be awarded.
• Scholarships are open to Wisconsin 4-H members and alumni, who were a Wisconsin 4-H member for at least three years. They must have a grade point average of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale and be enrolled or plan to enroll at a university, college or technical school during the 2021-2022 academic year. Previous scholarship winners are ineligible to receive another.
• Applications must be received by email by March 15.
Wisconsin Cheese Makers Association
• Five scholarships of $3,000 each available.
• To be eligible for the WCMA Myron P. "Mike" Dean Cheese Industry Student Scholarship, applicants must be an employee or a child of an employee at a WCMA dairy manufacturing, processing or marketing member company. Employees of children of employees at WCMA supplier member companies may apply for the WCMA Cheese Industry Supplier Student Scholarship. Preference will be given to candidates pursuing degrees and careers connected to the dairy industry. Well-qualified candidates will be currently attending or registered to attend a college, university or technical school in the U.S.
• Application deadline is Feb. 17.
Wisconsin FFA Foundation
• Scholarships for Wisconsin FFA members, sponsored by various companies, individuals and endowed funds, are available.
• Applicants must be a senior in high school or enrolled in a university or technical school and have maintained a satisfactory scholastic record in school. FFA members need to only fill out one application to be considered for all scholarships for which the applicant qualifies. A listing of additional criteria for all scholarships is available on the Wisconsin FFA website.
• Applications must be postmarked by March 15.
Wisconsin Horse Council
• Scholarships available in increments of $500 up to $5,000
• High school seniors or high school graduates enrolled in a post-high school program can apply. Applicants must plan to major or be currently majoring in any equine profession — college or other training equivalent to at least four years in length or one or two school years in length. Applicants must be a Wisconsin resident of at least five years (proof required) and be a current member of WHC (individual member, member of a WHC club member or member of a WHC association member). Applicants can receive scholarships in up to two different years but are disqualified from scholarships after receiving their second.
• Applications must be postmarked by Feb. 15.
• Questions can be directed to WHC at 920-623-0303 or email@example.com.