The Country Today is maintaining a list of open student scholarships pertaining to rural life on our website.
If you would like your scholarship listed, click here to learn how.
Agricultural Relations Council
• One $1,500 scholarship available.
• Scholarship is open to college students studying ag communication and public relations.
• Application must be emailed no later than March 15.
• Application is available at www.agrelationscouncil.org/wp-content/uploads/2021-ARC-Scholarship-Program-Application_Fillable-Form.pdf. Questions can be directed to Sandra O'Rourke at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-758-5811.
• Seven $1,000 scholarships available.
• Applicants must be presently enrolled in a four-year college or a one- or two-year technical college or short-course program in an agricultural-related field or be a high school senior admitted into one of the aforementioned programs. The applicant or their parent(s) must be a stockowner of CentralStar Cooperative.
• Application deadline is June 1.
• Application is available at www.mycentralstar.com.
Country Visions Cooperative and CP Feeds
• Twenty-one $1,000 scholarships available.
• To be eligible for one of 20 scholarships, a graduating high school senior must be enrolled for the upcoming school year in an undergraduate degree program or university or plan to attend a vocational or technical school; have a parent of legal guardian who is a member of Country Visions Cooperative or CP Feeds and has purchased at least $2,000 worth of goods and services from Country Visions or CP Feeds in the year prior to graduation; and must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale during their previous educational years. The remaining scholarship is for student employees or children of an employee who do not need to meet the purchase level of the scholarship's eligibility requirements.
• Applications must be postmarked or delivered to the Country Visions office by March 31.
• $1,500 scholarships offered.
• Program is open to students in the U.S. and Ontario, Canada, who are pursuing two- or four-year degrees or trade school certification in an agriculture-related field. High school seniors or students at any level of higher education may complete the application.
• Applications are due April 15.
• Application is available at www.growmark.com/about-us/corporate-commitments.
Jefferson County Farm Technology Days
• Second round of student scholarships from 2019 Jefferson County Wisconsin Farm Technology Days is open.
• Scholarship is open to any student who is a high school senior. Applicant must plan to attend UW Short Course, a technical college or four-year university and be majoring in agricultural studies.
• Applications accepted through April 1.
• Applications and guidelines are available at jefferson.extension.wisc.edu/agriculture/farm-technology-days. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
National Dairy Promotion and Research Board
• Eleven scholarships worth $2,500 each will be awarded, as well as a $3,500 James H. Loper Jr. Memorial Scholarship to one outstanding recipient.
• Undergraduate students in their sophomore through senior year for the 2021-2022 academic school year and majoring in one of the following fields are eligible: communications/public relations, journalism, marketing, business, economics, nutrition, food science and agriculture education. Scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, an interest in a career in a dairy-related discipline, and demonstrated leadership, initiative and integrity.
• Applications must be received no later than May 7.
Wisconsin 4-H Foundation
• More than $15,000 in scholarships to be awarded.
• Scholarships are open to Wisconsin 4-H members and alumni, who were a Wisconsin 4-H member for at least three years. They must have a grade point average of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale and be enrolled or plan to enroll at a university, college or technical school during the 2021-2022 academic year. Previous scholarship winners are ineligible to receive another.
• Applications must be received by email by March 15.
Wisconsin Dairy Products Association
• The Robert L. Bradley Scholarship and Wisconsin Dairy Products Association Scholarship, each worth $2,000, are available.
• Graduating high school seniors and college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors who are or will be attending a University of Wisconsin system school are eligible. The student must be in the Food Science program, Dairy Science program or dairy industry-related program and be in good academic standing.
• Application materials must be sent before March 30.
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org about application.
Wisconsin FFA Foundation
• Scholarships for Wisconsin FFA members, sponsored by various companies, individuals and endowed funds, are available.
• Applicants must be a senior in high school or enrolled in a university or technical school and have maintained a satisfactory scholastic record in school. FFA members need to only fill out one application to be considered for all scholarships for which the applicant qualifies. A listing of additional criteria for all scholarships is available on the Wisconsin FFA website.
• Applications must be postmarked by March 15.