FEBRUARY PROGRAMS: The Healing Place, a free service of HSHS Sacred Heart Hospital that helps anyone who has experienced a loss and is in need of spiritual and emotional support, is offering the following free programs and sessions in February. All sessions will take place at The Healing Place, 2125 Heights Drive, unless otherwise noted. For more information, call 715-717-6028.
• 11 a.m. Monday, 12-week Living Mindfully meditation education series. Free. Register by Thursday.
• 6:30 p.m. Mondays, Feb. 4 and 18, parent grief support group.
• 5 p.m. Tuesdays, Feb. 5, 12, 19 and 26, Tuesday evening meditation group.
• 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, “No Regrets: Living From the Inside Out,” a five-week course that offers tools for making the most of life. Register by Thursday.
• 10 a.m. Wednesdays, Feb. 6, 13, 20 and 27, Wednesday morning meditation group.
• 6:30 p.m. Thursdays, Feb. 7 and 21, suicide survivor’s group.
• 5 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 12, sound meditation/Tibetan singing bowls with Mary Jackelen.
• 11 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 21, “The Post,” part of The Healing Place’s Movies With a Message series, Micon Downtown Cinema, 315 S. Barstow St. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
• 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 28, Stepping Stones through Grief, ongoing grief support group for anyone who has experienced the loss of a loved one.
• • •
‘DISCOVER GRATITUDE’: Practicing mindful thankfulness is one way to boost spirits, feel happier and enhance overall health. Join Mayo Clinic Health System for “Discover Gratitude,” a free virtual program, from Monday to Sunday, March 3. Participants will journal daily about the big and small things in life for which they are thankful, track their efforts to do something kind for others and challenge themselves to dedicate time to be deliberately present in the moment.
“Many sources agree that having a positive outlook on life can help improve your mental well-being,” says Sara Carstens, director of community engagement and Wellness at Mayo Clinic Health System. “Sharing kindness and being mindful supports this positive shift. We hope community members will find that, after journaling for 30 days, they notice an improved outlook and an increased feeling of resilience. We encourage people to complete this challenge with their families or the important people in their lives. The value of this program truly is in the journey.”
Adults and youth are invited to participate. The community is welcome to join as individuals or with a group or classroom.
Go to the Classes & Events page at mayoclinichealthsystem.org and search “Discover Gratitude” to register and print a journal by Friday. Journals are private and will not be collected.
From staff reports