• “Music and Movement,” 10 to 10:30 a.m. Fridays, March 1, 8 and 15, Menomonie Public Libary, 600 Wolske Bay Road, and 10:30 to 11 a.m. Mondays, March 4 and 18, G.E. Bleskacek Family Memorial Library, 1519 17th Ave., Bloomer. The event is for preschool-age children to explore music, sounds and movement. Free. Adult supervision is required.
• “Write Your Own Obituary: You Get the Last Word,” presented by novelist CeCelia Zorn and author Mary Heimstead, 3:45 to 5 p.m. Wednesday, March 6, The Classic at Hillcrest Greens, 2455 Sawgrass Place, Altoona. The free presentation is part of the Savvy Seniors Series. Light refreshments will be available. Registration: 715-839-0200 by Monday.
• “Healthy Living With Diabetes,” 1 to 3:30 p.m. Tuesdays, March 12 to April 30, Grace Lutheran Church, Memorial Assembly, 202 W. Grand Ave. There is no class on March 26. The free workshop is for people 18 and older with diabetes or prediabetes or who live with someone who has diabetes. Registration: 715-839-4735 by Tuesday.
• “Question, Persuade, Refer,” 6 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 12, Augusta United Methodist Church, 137 W. Brown St. During the free program, those attending will learn the warning signs of a suicide crisis and how to question, persuade and refer people to get help. Registration: 866-375-7464.
• NAMI Family-to-Family Education Program, 6 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays, March 13 to May 22, in Eau Claire. NAMI Family-to-Family is for families, caregivers and friends of individuals with mental illness. The course is designed to facilitate a better understanding of mental illness, increase coping skills and empower participants to become advocates for their family members. Free. Registration and class specifics: 715-450-6484 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Chippewa County: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, HSHS St. Joseph’s Hospital, 2661 Highway I, Chippewa Falls; and noon to 6 p.m. Friday, St. John’s Lutheran Church, 215 E. Seminary St., Cadott.
• Dunn County: Noon to 6 p.m. Monday, Menomonie United Methodist Church, 2703 Bongey Drive.
• Eau Claire County: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, March 6, Group Health Cooperative of Eau Claire, 2503 N. Hillcrest Parkway, Altoona.
• Pierce County: Noon to 6 p.m. Friday, Spring Valley Area Ambulance, S407 Newman Ave.
• Rusk County: 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Friday, New Richmond High School, 650 Richmond Way; 1 to 7 p.m. Monday, Faith Community, 1040 Paperjack Drive, New Richmond; 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, March 7, Hudson Hospital & Clinic, 405 Stageline Road; noon to 6 p.m. Thursday, March 7, Glenwood City High School, 850 Maple St.; noon to 6 p.m. Thursday, March 7, First Lutheran Church, 218 Highway K, New Richmond; and 12:30 to 6:30 p.m. Friday, March 8, YMCA in Hudson, 2211 Vine St.
Go to redcrossblood.org or call 800-733-2767 to make an appointment to donate or obtain more information.