• Blood pressure screenings, weekdays during clinic hours, Mayo Clinic Health System-Chippewa Valley sites in Bloomer, 1501 Thompson St., and Chippewa Falls, 611 First Ave. Appointments: 715-568-2000, Bloomer; and 715-720-4400, Chippewa Falls.
• Blood pressure screenings, weekdays during clinic hours, Mayo Clinic Health System-Northland sites in Barron, 1222 E. Woodland Ave.; Chetek, 220 Douglas St.; and Rice Lake, 331 S. Main St., Suite H. Appointments for all sites: 715-537-6747.
• Blood pressure screening, weekdays during clinic hours, Mayo Clinic Health System-Oakridge in Mondovi, 700 Buffalo St., and Osseo, 13025 Eighth St. Appointments for both sites: 866-544-6144.
• Blood pressure screenings, weekdays during clinic hours, Mayo Clinic Health System-Red Cedar sites in Elmwood, 236 E. Springer Ave.; Glenwood City, 219 E. Oak St.; and Menomonie, 2321 Stout Road. Appointments: 715-639-4151, Elmwood; 715-265-7321, Glenwood City; and 715-233-7777, Menomonie.
• “ABC’s and D’s of Medicare,” 1 p.m. today, L.E. Phillips Senior Center, 1616 Bellinger St. This one-hour educational seminar is appropriate for people turning 65 soon and having questions on what is included in Medicare and the options one would have. Questions: Jeff Sauter, 715-577-2641.
• Chronic Kidney Disease class, 9 to 11 a.m. Wednesday, March 13, Mayo Clinic Health System, nephrology department, 1221 Whipple St. Learn to manage your kidney disease and treatment options. Free. Registration: 715-838-6595 by Monday.
• ”Through the Eyes of a Child: Supporting Young Hearts in Grief,” 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 13, Mayo Clinic Health System, North Lobby Conference Room, 1221 Whipple St. This free educational session is for parents and caregivers of children who have experienced the death of a significant person. Registration: 715-464-5086 by Friday.
• ”Gut Got You Down,” 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 19, Mayo Clinic Health System auditorium, 1221 Whipple St. Learn about the power of plant-based nutrition for a healthier and potentially longer life. Dr. Jaime Zighelboim, a gastroenterologist, will share information about making diet choices that may help reduce health risks and diseases. A question-and-answer session will follow the presentation. Registration: 866-375-7464 or tinyurl.com/yamkc62n.
• Chippewa County: 12:30 to 6:30 p.m. Monday, Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, 147 E. Fourth Ave., Stanley.
• Eau Claire County: 12:30 to 5:30 p.m. Monday, UW-Eau Claire’s Davies Center, 77 Roosevelt Ave.; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, March 13, HSHS Sacred Heart Hospital, 900 W. Clairemont Ave.; and 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday, March 15, Regis High School, 2100 Fenwick Ave.
• Pepin County: 1 to 6 p.m. Monday, Durand Masonic Community Center, 203 W. Main St.
• Pierce County: 1 to 6 p.m. Monday, Wellhaven Senior Living, 119 Union St., and 1 to 7 p.m. Thursday, March 14, and 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Friday, March 15, American Legion Post 121, 701 Main St., all in River Falls.
• Rusk County: 1 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, St. John’s Lutheran Church, 515 College Ave. W., Ladysmith.
• St. Croix County: 3 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Somerset Elementary School, 635 Sunrise Drive; and 1 to 7 p.m. Thursday, March 14, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 502 Highway UU, and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, March 15, Citizens State Bank, 375 Stageline Road, both in Hudson.
Go to redcrossblood.org or call 800-733-2767 to make an appointment to donate or obtain more information.