• “Music and Movement,” 10:30 to 11 a.m. Mondays, Feb. 4 and 18, March 4 and 18, and April 1, 15 and 29, G.E. Bleskacek Family Memorial Public Library, 1519 17th Ave., Bloomer. Preschoolers and their parents are encouraged to shake their sillies out while exploring music, sounds and movement. Free. Adult supervision is required. Registration: tinyurl.com/yamkc62n.
• “Living Well With Chronic Conditions,” 5:30 to 8 p.m. Mondays, Feb. 4 to March 11, Mayo Clinic Health System-Oakridge in Osseo, 13025 Eighth St. The free workshop is for adults who have, or live with someone who has, a chronic condition, such as diabetes, heart disease, arthritis or another long-term health problem. Registration: tinyurl.com/yamkc62n or 866-375-7464 by Monday.
• “My Night to Cook,” 5:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 5, Menomonie High School, 1715 Fist St. W., or 5:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 12, Rice Lake High School, 30 Wisconsin Drive. The free program is for youth 10 and older. They can learn some quick, easy meals and snacks that they can prepare for their families at home. Youth attend the class independently for the first hour; parents are invited to come back for the last half hour to sample what they prepared. Registration: tinyurl.com/yamkc62n or 866-375-7464 by Friday, Feb. 1 for the Menomonie class and Friday, Feb. 8 for the Rice Lake class.
• “Know Your Numbers,” 7 to 9 a.m. Friday, Feb. 8, Mayo Clinic Health System-Oakridge in Osseo, main entrance lobby, 13025 Eighth St. Get a free full lipid profile, including HDL, LDL and triglycerides, along with blood pressure and blood sugar screenings. Avoid food and drink for 10 hours prior to screenings for best results. Registration: tinyurl.com/ yamkc62n or 866-375-7464 by Friday, Feb. 1.
• Snowshoe and winter hikes, 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, Feb. 9, Hunt Hill Audubon Sanctuary, N2384 Hunt Hill Road, Sarona, and 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 10, Obey Interpretive Center, Chippewa Moraine State Recreation Area, 13394 Highway M, New Auburn. A limited number of snowshoes will be available for the free events. Registration: tinyurl.com/yamkc62n or 866-375-7464 by Sunday, Feb. 3 for the Sarona event and Tuesday, Feb. 5 for the New Auburn event.