The National Park Service, at the request of American Legion Post 53, recently placed a wreath at the USS Oklahoma Memorial at Pearl Harbor next to a white marble slab with Frank Nicoles' name engraved on it. Nicoles of Eau Claire was one of 429 sailors killed on Dec. 7, 1941, in a surprise …
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
- Doing your civic duty. Or not.
- GM wood preserved in Janesville-made clocks
- Post 77 moves 1 win away from regional title
- Biologist: Declining bat populations come at a cost
- Chalkfest returns next weekend
- Prime location: UW-EC grad becomes the first local artist commissioned to create downtown mural
- Singing thanks: On Paris trip, local choir honors D-Day sacrifice, performs in huge ensemble
- Today in History 7/22/19
COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. — The chants began even before baseball's greatest closer stood to make his speech.
The Rice Lake Fire Department responded to nine incidents, including a structure fire, related to the thunderstorm that passed through the cit…
Eau Claire 15u wins state title